Rodent Surgery Training Session
Program of the course
Each day will consist of live presentation and experiment sessions, to include interactive discussion and room exercises.
Part 1 (3 days)
Day 1: Basic microsurgical techniques in rodents I
- 09:00 - 09:30 Welcome, introduction and expectations for the course
- 09:30 - 10:30 Non-surgical techniques and good surgical practices including hemostasis
- 10:45 - 11:30 Suture materials and instruments
- 11:30 - 12:00 Setting the microscope
- 13:00 - 15:00 Microsurgical suture techniques on latex glove
- 15:00 - 17:00 Specific hands-on training session 1
Day 2: Basic microsurgical techniques in rodents II
- 09:00 - 10:30 Asepsis - Simple and high-level implantation procedures
- 10:45 - 12:00 Anesthesia, analgesia including peri-operative care and monitoring
- 13:00 - 17:00 Specific hands-on training session 2
Day 3: Basic specific surgical technique training
- 09:00 - 10:30 Catheterization procedures theory for vascular and non vascular procedures
- 10:45 - 12:30 Specific hands-on training session 3
- 13:30 - 16:30 Specific hands-on training session 4
Part 2 (2 days)
Day 4 & 5: Advanced part - intensive hands-on training based on attendees needs, tips and tricks for the techniques of interest
The registration includes: workshop materials, lunch and refreshment breaks, transportation from the IBIS hotel to the center.
If you have further questions, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build a strong foundation of knowledge and skill in rodent surgery and train on simple procedures.
- Learn about rodent surgery best practice, pre-and postoperative care, on-demand surgical techniques, and animal welfare in the surgical setting.
- Student must have basic knowledge about animal surgery
- Student must understand written and oral english language.
- This course is face to face training with lecture and hands-on sessions.
- The progress of students will be evaluated during the course by the trainer.
- Students will have to complete a satisfaction questionnaire at the end of the course.